Are you about to be a dog owner for the first time? Congratulations! Owning a dog is an incredibly rewarding experience. In preparation for your new resident, one of the many things you’ll have to do is to consider getting a new dog fence in Baltimore County.
Dog fences fall into one of two categories: traditional and invisible. Traditional fencing is of course any kind of fence that you would typically see on a residential property. Invisible fencing is a type of fence that uses an invisible barrier to prevent your dog from wandering out of a set area. The dog wears a collar that is connected to the fence’s base. When the dog reaches the border of the invisible fence, the collar shocks the dog, letting the dog know not to go any further.
So what kind of fence in Baltimore County is best for your dog? We’ll talk about the pros and cons of invisible and traditional fencing in this week’s blog.
Dog Fence in Baltimore County
The Drawbacks of Invisible Fencing
There are a few drawbacks of invisible fencing that are important to consider:
- Your dog will eventually learn the boundaries of the fence, but until it does, it will get shocked. This shock, while not harmful, is still not pleasant for the dog.
- If a dog wants, it can put up with the shock and escape the boundary.
- Invisible fencing cannot conform to the boundaries of your yard. The fence radiates out from a base at an equal distance, which means you can’t adjust it to conform to the shape of your yard.
- If there’s a power outage, your invisible fence will go down.
The Benefits of Traditional Fencing
- Your fence in Baltimore County can be constructed to fit the contours of your yard, so your dog can explore every part of the yard.
- The dog won’t be able to get out.
- The fence will never go down because of a power outage.
- You get a beautiful addition to your home that will increase its curb appeal and value.
Contact Excel Fencing and Decking Today!
Excel Fencing and Decking has been proud to service Baltimore County since 1998, giving you the very best in custom built decks, fences, and home remodeling. If you’re interested in having a top-quality fence installed, give us a call. Our dedicated teams of fence professionals have the know-how and expertise to repair or install any kind of fence. Call us at 410-803-9499 or fill out a contact form and one of Excel’s representatives will contact you promptly.