So you’ve decided to get a new Baltimore County deck. Now the question is, should you get a wood deck, or a composite deck?
What’s the difference? Well, there are several important differences, but the end result is the same: a beautiful new deck that you and your family will be able to enjoy for many years to come! But in this week’s blog, we’ll talk about the differences between these two kinds of decks in order to help you make an informed decision about your new Baltimore County deck.
Baltimore County Decks: What is a Composite Deck?
A composite deck is a deck made from a composite material instead of planks of wood. This composite material is usually made up of a mix of recycled plastics and sawdust. These materials are bound together using heat and pressure during the manufacturing process, which results in an extremely durable material that is used to make the deck.
What are the advantages of composite decks?
So why might you want to consider a composite material for your new Baltimore County deck?
- Composites are much more resistant to the elements. While wood decks need to be treated on a regular basis to prevent moisture damage and rot, composites won’t rot or deteriorate due to moisture.
- You never need to paint, stain, or seal a composite deck.
- Composite materials are highly resistant to fading.
- No splinters!
- They’re available in a wide range of finishes and colors.
- They require less maintenance than wood decks.
- Because they use recycled wood and plastic, they’re environmentally friendly!
Are there any disadvantages?
The only disadvantage is that composite decks cost more up front than wood decks to install. But considering the time and money you’ll save in the long run on maintenance, they come out even in the end.
Interested in learning more about building a new composite Baltimore County deck?
Contact Excel Fencing and Decking Today!
Excel Fencing and Decking has been proud to service Baltimore County since 1998, giving you the very best in custom built decks, fences, and home remodeling. If you’re interested in having a top-quality fence installed, give us a call. Our dedicated teams of fence professionals have the know-how and expertise to repair or install any kind of fence. Call us at 410-803-9499 or fill out a contact form and one of Excel’s representatives will contact you promptly.